Every parent would love to add beauty and attraction to their child’s room. As a parent, you will know that your child has started to grow and develop when they tell you that they want attractive and good looking furniture and accessories in their room. They might be having wide and wild choices when it comes to selecting lights for their room. It doesn’t mean that you as a parent will agree with what they want. It would be better off for you to spend some time with your child to help him choose the right kind of lighting for his or her room. You should guide them to buying items that offer good quality, design, look, functionality and also affordable price.
Transforming the bedroom
Adding unique an unusual type of lighting like bunny lamp can transform the room to a fun filled and lively place for the child.
• He or she will feel more excited to enter the room and will feel relaxed by the new lighting setup.
• The perfect lighting set up for the room would be that the one provides dual hues as a play room and a place to enjoy comfortable sleep.
• There are a wide variety of styles, designs and colors on offer when it comes to lighting fixtures for a child’s room.
• It is an absolutely necessary to have a permanent lighting on the ceiling and other lightings and nightlights can be used to change the look of the room.
Right amount of light
Whether your child prefers to use a bunny lamp or a hanging light in the room, there must be consideration given to the amount of light that will be coming out it. The bedroom of a child is not like any other room in the house as he or she will use it for a wide variety of activities during their growing years. It is not just a place where the child will sleep, but they will start to learn, do homework and other work as they get older. Hence, there must be lots of importance given to choosing the right lighting and positioning it in the right place to make the room comfortable for the child activities.
The light used in a child’s room must not produce excess heat. It should not be placed in such a manner it is easily reachable by the child. Make sure that the wiring and attachments meet the safety standards and are also eco friendly.
If you are having a toddler then it is up to you to choose the best looking and longest lasting lighting solutions for the room depending on the interior design and the age of your child.
Out of all the baby goods a baby feeding chair, or high chair, is the one that is going to get the biggest workout. Your child will be in it at least three times a day, and seeing as babies (unfortunately) weren’t born with impeccable table manners chances are it’ll need some TLC. So here’s a list of some features that make your high chair useable for more than two minutes.
1. Vinyl or plastic seats. Every baby feeding chair needs to be made of materials that are easy to clean and sterilise. Fabric based high chairs spell disaster in so many ways. Vinyl is great because the seats are able to be padded with the vinyl acting as a very strong protectant against mashed vegetables and baby vomit. The vinyl high chairs and not to different from baby mattresses in feel and durability. They are incredibly easy to clean and most mess comes away with spray and a cloth or bassinet sheets. Plastic is also easy to clean. It may not be quite as comfortable for your child, but it’s still far better than fabric based chairs.
2. Sturdy build. Your baby feeding chair needs to be sturdy enough to withstand any tantrums or thrashing about without toppling over. This is all about safety and smart design. You can get chairs with vinyl seats but aluminium legs with adds support and stability. Some newer models feature cylindrical bases with a gas lift feature and look very much like a bar stool. These are fairly study, but if you are going for this model, make sure the base is very heavy as this will anchor the chair to the ground, making sure it can’t tip over while the baby is in it.
3. Removable feeding trays. These are mainly for the parent’s convenience. Being able to remove the feeding trays that they are able to be properly cleaned much easier – some are even dishwasher safe. The removable trays also makes the chair a little more versatile, as well as making putting your child in the much easier.
4. Adjustable height. This again, is all about versatility and convenience. Being able to raise the height of the chair means that you can keep the same baby feeding chair as the child grows. It also means that it can be raised to bench height or lowered to pull in at the dinner table.
5. Safety belts. The high chair should have ample safety clips (one for the crotch and belts across the waist at the very least). The safest straps are one that also go over the shoulder and clip at the front, much like a belt for a car seat. This type of strap keeps them secure in the baby feeding chair and means that they can’t wriggle out (even the best escape artist babies) or slip out.